Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Makin Something out of Nothing

I made this little guy last year about this time. I made 2 signs, this one and a pumpkin patch one. I can't find that one. It in my storage room. I'm sure I put it in a special place so that I would remember where it was, but of course I forgot.
I had scraps of wood. That's all I had. I was actually kind of bored one day and started painting scraps of wood. I love to decorate with this. The colors add a lot from the traditional orange and black of Halloween. I add a few fun decorations around this and of course some candy.


Everything I used for this project I already had, so it didn't cost me anything. My husband drilled holes through all the wood for me and I secured them with a LITTLE wood glue. They were already on there pretty tight, but I didn't want them falling down.
The bowl is my latest thrift store find. I'm sad to say it looked better before I painted it, but thats ok I have a few other ideas to spruce it right back up. Don't you wish there was an "UNDO" or a "DELETE" button sometimes on projects you do?
SO BE CREATIVE!!! Look around at all the stuff you have just hanging around and make something FUN!!!
Remember to sign up for the GIVEAWAY!!!! Scroll down and you'll find the post. I still am not sure what the prize is! There are too many fun things to choose from!!
PS I will include comments on posts after the giveaway post for an ADDITIONAL ENTRY!

.