Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Birthday Party, Sports style

We had a few parties over the weekend for my baby! We had a sports theme because he loves to play with any type of sports ball. I made a few different cakes, really this is my first attempt at doing this kind of stuff so they aren't perfect, but I sure tried and he seemed to like them.



My very first cupcake cake. One thing I learned is you need to have a thicker frosting so it doesn't fall down inbetween the cupcakes. I just had the store bought kind, but I thickened it up with some powdered sugar. It ended up working pretty good. Alot of work though (just because I couldn't figure it out), all in all it was fun.

The baseball cake. I actually made two of these. One for each party. The second one I was pushin it for time so I frosted the cake when it was still a little bit warm. Lets just say that cake went into the garbage can, which the raccoons that ate it enjoyed! Darn things, at least I think it was raccoons that tore my garbage apart.


Once I get a little practice at writing on cakes and making decorations on cakes I think I'll get better!



WE had fun though and thats really all that matters, right!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


We are still collecting money for Jackson's family! Anyone that wants to donate, please contact me or stop by! I am know they will be so grateful! I am so amazed at the generosity of the people in this community! THANK YOU!! We will be collecting for another week or two!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone wondering why I have been cleaning my little heart out? Well, you're right there was a reason. Our house is officially on the market. We are going to house sit for my inlaws for a year. We are excited, but sad at the same time. ITs so bittersweet. We love the neighborhood and all the great people and the MILLIONS (ok thats an exaggeration) of kids out here. Don't worry, we'll be out here often.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
One more subject and I promise to be done. Congrats on making it this far. Anyone see the BACHELORETTE last night? Why do I watch this? I really dislike WES! I really hope that he tells the truth sometime. And I really hope that this doesn't jump start his career. People will see the character he has and hopefully won't give him what he wants. Is that bad of me to think. I have to say I'm not too impressed with the remaining guys. Crazy enough, I was kind of excited to see ED come back. I hope she does find someone to love, but who is it gonna be? Why couldn't she have had a better connection with Jake? He is such a good guy. I really liked the crazy Micheal too. At least we knew he liked her and was sincere. Who's it gonna be? Reid? Kipton? Wes? (NO) or ED? Lets here what you think?

.